Monday, October 17, 2011

down for the count

Today marks week number three of the headache and dizziness.

Today was also the day that I went back to my doctor (his fill in, he's on holidays) for the third time for the headache.

Today was the day that I got put back on my blood pressure medication.

I gave it a good solid try, I really did. I thought I had it under control, but I didn't. When my doctor checked it for the forth time today and it was still reading somewhere around 180/90 she decided that it needed to be done. Do I think my normal doctor is going to be pleased with this when I check in with him next week?... nope. I think he is going to be upset. I would say that giving my body three weeks to adjust to no meds was a good try, and I am done. He asked me last week how my mood was. I told him I was cranky. What mother of a noisy four year old that has had a headache for two weeks wouldn't be cranky? Seemed like a dumb question if you ask me.

I haven't been able to do ANY exercise. I did go for a walk, but got dizzy quite quickly and figured it might have been a bad idea to push it.

I NEVER though I would ever be the girl to say that she misses exercise, but I do. I really miss bootcamp. I really miss working out and feeling like I am doing something to change my life. I feel like I have been a big lump for weeks, and I am sad that I have lost almost a month in this dizzy state.

I did weigh in last week, but haven't posted that I gained a pound, but I am blaming the pound on my period (yes, another one since my doctor decided that I be taken off my birth control pills too.) I feel fat and bloated... blech.

I haven't weighed this week, and I am not going to. I am scared that the number is going to make me sad, and I need some positive thoughts right now. I need this headache to LEAVE. RIGHT. NOW.

I am off to check my blood pressure (again), to take advil (again) and to drink a bottle of water to see if I can feel better tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in. I am sorry for the absence. I will be back.

I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your kind words, they mean a lot to me and I read each and every one!