Wednesday, October 05, 2011

yeah... i killed it!

So the first month of bootcamp ended last Friday. I asked to get my measurements done that morning, instead of Monday morning when I was going to do my fit test.

So here is what happened...

September 6 looked like this:
Pushups 23
crunches 33
lat pull downs 44
plank 2:30 (on knees)
V sit hold 1:08 (heels down)
step ups R 32  L 33
Squat holds 51
Lunges 30
1.5km run 13:20

September 30th looked like this!

Pushups 35
crunches 46
lat pull downs 65
plank 3:00 (on knees)
V sit hold 1:15 (heels down)
step ups R 33  L 35
Squat holds 1:16
Lunges 35
1.5km run 11:27!

We did the first part of our fittest under cover because it was RAINING! so gross. It was good, I was beating what I had done the first time and that made me glad.

Then came the run.

I haven't run in about 3 weeks. I hurt my right knee about a week and a half into bootcamp from over exercising and just pushing way too hard on my days off. I spent the rest of the month walking (or speed walking) to warm up and I stopped doing extra running on my days off as well. I was feeling confident. I had my brand new Adidas super shoes (they are just blue and super funky and I love them!) I stepped onto the line with the other girls and got ready.

"3...2...1... go!"

I was off... and it felt different this time. I was holding my head up. My shoulders were back and I felt a spring in my step. I was getting pounded int he face with rain and I watched as the other girls disappeared into the darkness with only their safety lights blinking. I kept my eyes ahead waiting to see the lights starting to come down the other side of the road after the turn around. I kept running and started to realize that I wasn't as far behind as I had originally thought. I was closing in on them, and I smiled. Holy shit I got faster! I smiled at the first girl that sped fast me, and wiped my face on my t-shirt. I got to the end of the road and knocked on the road sign with an audible "tang tang" and turned back.

The rain slowed and I could see my trainer waiting for me at the end.

Please, please have done it a little bit faster... just a bit... 20 seconds. Come on.

I got in front of the field and I pushed. I sped up, and I started to  R U N! 

As soon as I hit the end line she yelled "11:27!"

I stopped, bent over and took in a huge breath and let out a sob. "11:27?! what?! seriously?!"

"Yeah 11:27!"

"holy crap I beat my time by almost 2 minutes! I did it! I did it! (sob sob... tear  tear...)"

I walked back to the field shaking. I couldn't believe it, and it kept me bouncing on my toes for the rest of the day!

I called my husband at work 3 times that day to tell him how proud I was of my self. It was amazing. 

I killed that run.... I killed it!






2 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing progress, you should be very proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your kind words, they mean a lot to me and I read each and every one!