Monday, September 12, 2011

week two of exercise begins

So I have decided that I am looking forward to bootcamp at 6 am. Today while I was running the 2 kms again ( I now understand that this is a daily occurrence!) I realized that in the half hour I had been there that I hadn't thought of home or the girls once. I was just thinking about myself and what I was there to accomplish.

I say to myself on every run that no matter how slow I am going that I am lapping everyone on the couch. This is my new mantra for this whole process. I know that I am out of shape, and slow, and dragging my heels, but that's ok. I know that it will get better with time and I am ready to put forth the effort to make big changes happen.

This is the third week for healthy eating. So far so good, but I won't lie and say that I haven't wanted a few chocolate bars here and there. I have been trying to make healthy choices, like yesterday when I met my best friend for coffee and had a tall (not grande) nonfat (not whole) pumpkin spice latte with no whip (instead of extra whip). I haven't had a latte in three weeks, and it was GOOD. mmmmmm. I enjoyed every drop of it, I did... really....

When I weighed myself this morning. I am down another 2 lbs, and I am cool with that. I have no idea if its true or not but I have always been told that two lbs a week is good progress. It's not the 10 lbs a week on the biggest loser, but I know that I gained this weight over time and it is going to take time to get rid of it.

Gained it like the Hare, losing it like the Tortoise.

Here's to a good week, and healthy choices and another 2 days of bootcamp!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo Leanna!! Awesome! You'll find as you go you'll get stronger and stronger and actually feel better too. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pounds a week is huge! People usually only loose one, if they are lucky. As for the biggest looser, that's all they do, not look after a whole family as well as work out! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your kind words, they mean a lot to me and I read each and every one!